Websites and ads
Here a nice summary on websites, their ads and how they care:
- Scripts and ads are hosted externally (not on the website). The website has no control about the delivered content.
This is concerning from a security point of view.
Website reaction: The security of your computer is not our problem.
- There are 1.5MB or more of tracking scripts, ads and other garbage per view.
An older computer will bog down
Website reaction: The performance of your computer is not our problem.
- Even on newer computer it will drain the battery.
Website reaction: Your battery runtime is not our problem.
- On mobile devices this will drain the traffic plan (GB per month)
Website reaction: Your traffic volume is not our problem.
- moving and shaking elements are not only annoying, but bad for accessibility. Like potentially dangerous for people
with epileptic sensitivity.
Website reaction: Your well beeing is not our problem.
- automatic starting audio tracks, especially annoying in an office or shared space.
Website reaction: Your office space is not our problem.
- Transfer of data directly to other countries (like USA), a clear GDPR violation.
Website reaction: The transfer of your data in other countries is not our problem.
- No plus subscription (or other ad-free plans) without reveiling your name, credit card or similar?
Website reaction: Your privacy is not our problem.
- Having a subscription and still tracking and collecting data is impertinent
Website reaction: Your feelings are not our problem.
- Users install ad blockers. Website: crying, complaining, oh my ad income !!!111!, we must fight that
User reaction: Your ad income is not out problem.
Shameless ad (without tracking):
If you run a website, consider using Content Nation for donations and get rid of the ads and tracking.
If your are a fan of a specific website, try to convince them to switch to ad free and donation based running on Content Nation
See all features