What are some unwritten social rules everyone should know?
I host social events and people tell me I’m fun at parties. This is what I gathered:
- When there is only one piece left, you give it away.
- Never talk down on someone, no matter their age.
- If you want to be good at conversation, listen more than you talk.
- Treat others like you were them.
- When someone dances well, compliment them.
- When someone looks uncomfortable, take them aside and offer your help.
- Don’t seriously complain about anything.
- There’s nothing wrong with asking for a good topic to talk about.
- People will know whether you’re genuine or not.
- Never be fake.
- People with passion are exciting.
- Everyone will forget the awkward moments soon enough.
- If it’s negative, you don’t need to say it.
I could go on and on with the social rules, but that list would probably never end.
The following really captures it:
Social rules are just life rules.
If you have your life together, you also have your social life together.
How do you treat others? Can you leave an argument without having to win it? Do you need to be right always? Can you focus on fun over ego?
These are all signs of a healthy personality with patience, respect, generosity, fairness, integrity and morals.
Unwritten Social Rule #1:
If you are kind, honest and positive, people will always want to be with you.
Foto von Andrea Piacquadio von Pexels.